Duty Free and Tax Free
If you are flying outside the European Union you are entitled to your full allowance of goods at Tax and Duty Free prices.
If you are flying within the European Union you are entitled to Tax Free prices on fragrances, cosmetics and skincare; photographic and electrical goods; fashion and accessories; gifts, jewellery and souvenirs.
Duty Free Allowance / Tax Free Allowance
If you bring back large quantities of alcohol or tobacco, a Customs Officer is more likely to ask about the purposes for which you hold the goods. This will most likely be the case if you appear at the airport with more than:
- 800 cigarettes, or 400 cigarillos, or 200 cigars, or 1 kg of smoking tobacco
- 110 litres of beer
- 10 litres of spirits
- 90 litres of wine
- 20 litres of fortified wine e.g. port or sherry
When travelling from outside the EU to the UK you are allowed to bring in the following, provided you travel with the items and do not intend to sell them.
- 200 cigarettes, or 100 cigarillos, or 50 cigars, or 250g of tobacco
- 4 litres of still table wine
- 1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22% volume; or 2 litres of fortified wine, sparkling wine or other liqueurs
- 16 litres of beer
- up to £390 worth of all other goods including gifts, perfume and souvenirs (£270 if arriving by private plane or private boat)