Prestwick Special Assistance
- Lifts in the railway station for easy access to both floors.
- Lifts available throughout the airport
- Disabled toilets in departure lounges and on the ground floor of the terminal
- Guide and hearing dogs are welcome at the airport! We suggest that you let the airline know and confirm if your airline allows it too.
- The airport also provides access information via the AcessAble website. You can find a lot of useful information on that website.
- The airport has helpfully created a guide for those requiring assistance, including hidden disabilities.
- If you require any special assistance during your journey through Prestwick Airport, please call them on 01292 511000. Should you need mobility equipment, please make sure you inform both the airport and your airline of this at least 48 hours notice in advance.
Prestwick Airport Special Assistance Tips
Compare before you book
You should compare the arrangements offered by different airlines before making your booking and be sure to check whether the cost of any special assistance is included in the price of your ticket.
Tell your airline
Inform your airline of your particular needs in good time and check the policy of your airline if you wish to remain in your own wheelchair to the aircraft door rather than transfer to an airline wheelchair at check-in.
Check Prestwick’s Security
This is an important step if you’re taking medication, assistance animals or aids with you through the airport. If you have any doubts about what you can and cannot take through security, feel free to call up a customer adviser or contact the airport on social media.
Plan your route into Prestwick
Plan your route to the airport is paramount. This can be simple things like checking you get into the right carriage on the train to be assisted off. Alternatively, it could be about planning a road route with “pit stops” on the way if you needed to take a break.
Plan getting around the airport
Remember that there are often long walking distances within airports and that this may cause you to require assistance. Pre-arranging any necessary assistance will ensure that it’s available and that no time is lost in waiting for it to be arranged once you arrive at the airport.